This article has been just updated:
There are countless VPN services that claim to be the most affordable, the safest, or the fastest. Most such statements are nothing but deceptive marketing ploys whose sole purpose is to lure in those who don’t know any better. But we do know better, which is why we’ve decided to thoroughly test NordVPN, one of the most popular VPN services in the world, to see if it can live up to the hype surrounding it.
How Good is NordVPN?
What’s the difference between good and bad VPN services? Some customers care only about price, while others also take into consideration features, performance, and security. We firmly believe that VPN services should be judged by the overall value they provide.
In this regard, you would be hard-pressed to find a better VPN service than NordVPN, which has been around since 2012. Since then, the service has made a name for itself by helping individual and enterprise customers alike take responsibility for the information they share and hide it inside a hack-proof, encrypted tunnel through which nobody can see.
Over the years, NordVPN has expanded its fleet of VPN servers to more than 62 countries around the world, and the total number of servers owned and operated by NordVPN has recently exceeded 5,000.
When you combine its excellent global coverage with its fantastic features, that’s when you can begin to truly appreciate why NordVPN is widely considered to be the best VPN service for customers seeking value.
There are several features that improve the experience of NordVPN customers, and they include:
- CyberSec: The internet is full of malicious ads and dangerous cyber threats and protecting against them is not easy. To increase the security of its customers, NordVPN has implemented a very effective ad- and malware-blocking solution called CyberSec.
• Because CyberSec runs on NordVPN’s servers, it doesn’t impact the performance of your computer, allowing you to turn off your ad blocking software.
- Double VPN: Only thing better than sending your data through an encrypted tunnel is sending it through two encrypted tunnels with just one VPN service. NordVPN allows you to hide behind two secure servers, making it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your traffic, and making it impossible for anyone, including NordVPN, to deanonymize you.
- Automatic kill switch: When a VPN connection drops, computers and mobile devices sometimes automatically attempt to access the internet outside the secure VPN tunnel, potentially exposing sensitive data in the process. NordVPN implements automatic kill switch functionality that ensures that your sensitive data will not be exposed no matter what happens.
- Onion over VPN: For maximum security, NordVPN customers can route their VPN traffic through the Tor network, making it virtually impossible for anyone to deanonymize them. As a nice bonus, all traffic that enters the Tor network goes through multiple layers of encryption, adding even more security to NordVPN’s military-grade encryption.
- SmartPlay: Thanks to SmartPlay, NordVPN customers can access content even on websites that otherwise would not be available to you due to internet censorship and VPN blocking, including Netflix.
All this alone would make NordVPN an easy sell, but we have yet to mention the best thing about this VPN service: it costs just $2.99 a month when billed every 3 years and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can also pay every 2 years, annually, and monthly. As you can see, NordVPN is really just as good as many of its users claim it to be.
Is NordVPN Safe?
NordVPN is one of several VPN services that claim that they don’t log any identifiable user information, but it’s the only VPN service that has backed up this claim with an independent audit of its no-logs policy. Last year, between October 29th and November 8th, one of the Big 4 auditing firms performed a comprehensive audit to see if NordVPN lives up to its claims of providing a no-longs VPN service.
“The good news is that we are very pleased with the results of the audit. We believe that they accurately reflect our responsibilities to our clients and the values our service is built upon,” stated NordVPN in a blog post. “The auditors’ goal was to see if our service lives up to our claims of providing a no-logs VPN service, and we believe we’ve passed the test.”
Where Is NordVPN Based?
NordVPN has wisely selected Panama as its home country, which allows it to avoid mandatory data retention laws and offer best-in-class privacy to its customers.
If it were based in the United States or a major European country, NordVPN would most likely pass the audit.
How Much is NordVPN?
A single NordVPN subscription costs just $2.99 a month, but you can use it to secure up to 6 devices at the same time. Best of all, NordVPN gives all new customers 30 days to try the service, so there’s really no reason to not give it a try.
How to Use NordVPN?
To get started with NordVPN:
- Go to NordVPN.com.
- Select whichever plan is the most suitable for you.
• 3-year plan: $2.99 a month with $107.55 billed every 3 years.
• 2-year plan: $3.99 a month with $95.75 billed every 2 years.
• 1-year plan: $6.99 a month with $83.88 billed every year.
• 1-month plan: $11.95 a month with $11.95 billed every month.
- Create an account. • Don’t worry, NordVPN will never share your information or send you spam emails.
- Select a payment method.• NordVPN accepts credit cards, cryptocurrencies, AliPay, and many other payment methods.
✔ You can also make a payment through iTunes and Google Play or purchase a subscription by cash if you are living inside the USA.
- Download the NordVPN app for your device and install it.• NordVPN has apps for Android, Windows, macOS, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also possible to get it working on routers with DD-WRT, which is Linux-based firmware that improves the router’s capabilities, functions, and controls.
- Connect to one of NordVPN’s servers.
There’s only one possible conclusion: NordVPN really does live up to its excellent reputation, offering unbeatable features and bullet-proof security at attractive prices. We can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who’s sick and tired of running into paywalls and geo-restrictions online or worrying about having their personal information exposed by hackers.